Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Breaking the Silence

I realize that I haven’t written anything in my blog for almost month. I could say it was the Holidays, but I think the real excuse is a busy travel schedule and a computer that is still acting up. But this too shall pass. Next weekend I will order my new laptop. Last week I was at MacWorld and saw the new announcements. I want the new iLife05 software. There was no announcement about new Powerbooks, but I can no longer be patient. Two month of intermittent freezing is enough.

During the first week of January, I was in New Jersey and New York. Lots of planning for the spring and my new work after my grant is over… which I’ll discuss when it becomes public in less than two weeks. I also get to help plan a Digital Storytelling conference at Kean University in June. We will be putting together a resource DVD on Digital Storytelling for all of the participants. I also led a digital storytelling workshop at another university. It is always fascinating to see what the participants can produce in just two days using iMovie4. There were the personal stories that brought a tear to your eye… I wasn’t sure several of the participants would get through their audio recordings without crying. Then there were the quasi-documentaries. A successful two days.

1 comment:

misterteacher said...

Helen,
My name is Jamie Tubbs. I am presenting a session at the Ohio SchoolNet Conference next month called "Using Web Logs in the Mathematics Classroom." My session is about using blogs as digital portfolios to improve student performance in mathematics. Your site has given me a lot of information. Do you know of any other sites that give information specifically related to math?
Thanks...JTubbs
http://misterteacher.blogspot.com
http://futureofmath.misterteacher.com