Wednesday, March 15, 2006

A new Digital Storytelling blog

There is a new blog on Digital Storytelling, started by the SITE conference. I was especially interested in the podcast that Mike Searson produced, which features Joe Lambert from the Center for Digital Storytelling. Joe will be providing the keynote address at the SITE conference next Wednesday, March 22. Joe talks about the role of digital storytelling in our society and around the world. He also mentioned my work in portfolios, and the power of digital stories to document student learning and growth. Thanks, Joe!

1 comment:

Chas Martin said...

Digital storytelling seems like such an obvious extension of how learning was passed from one to another in pre-media times. Is the computer screen the new campfire? I believe it is. It is where stories are shared and information converted to knowledge.
An ancient Chinese proverb: If you don't know where you are going, how will you know when you get there?
In my opinion, storytelling and visualization are intimately linked. The portfolio is simply the record that a journey has taken place. The journey is the story. The visualization is its outline. The portfolio is the evidence.
I like where you are going with this concept. Educated as a designer, I have lived by the value of my portfolio most of my life. I believe it is far more valuable to me and to the people I communicate with than a resume could ever be.
Please see my interview with Doctor Seymour Livingstone.