Wednesday, December 19, 2007

One Laptop per Child

Today I ordered one of the OLPC XO laptops under the "Give One Get One" laptop giving program: I get one laptop to give to a child in my life, and another to a child in a developing country. This program was extended through December 31, 2007. Since my granddaughters already have their own used Mac laptops, this one might not be what they will use. However, I am intrigued by the possibilities, and I want to play with one, to see how they work and the potential to support my particular vision of web-based learning environments. When mine arrives in January, I will play and write up my impressions.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Helen,
Have you ever received youк XO? What is your impression of it? Does it have any specific features as a tool for creating electronic portfolios?
Boris

eportfolios said...

My XO laptop has not yet arrived. I've been receiving emails about their not anticipating the demand, or something like that. I'll be looking to see if it will work with the many Web 2.0 tools that I have been using to create electronic portfolios. I'll know a lot more when it arrives!