Saturday, April 26, 2008

GoogleDocs updates

Lots of upgrades to GoogleDocs were announced yesterday! The tools are accessible offline using Google Gears, "an open source project that enables more powerful web applications, by adding new features to your web browser." Now all of my documents are also stored on my computer, so that I can work on them even when I am not connected to the Internet. Once connected, the files are synchronized. GoogleDocs is also available from mobile phones through a special interface. I just found a short video on YouTube that describes the offline access to GoogleDocs.

1 comment:

Emma said...

I've had Google Gears installed for some time. It used to amuse me that Zoho let you work offline, but Google docs didn't!
I tried to do the off line stuff today & it seemed to save, but as far as I could tell, I couldn't get it to actually work offline. It just kept taking me to a login page & then telling me I wasn't online.
I'll try again later.