Sunday, October 12, 2008

Midnight Skype Conference

I just finished a Skype conversation with a group of people at EduCamp Berlin (it was morning for them, after midnight for me, but I am a night owl!). The photo above captured the setting of the video-skype-session. The local facilitator is behind the camera, I am on the big screen and to the bottom left the Berlin audience. We used Skype (audio/video), but I set up my slides in GoogleDocs presentation, shared the link with the remote site, took control of the slideshow, and gave a short talk. We followed the presentation with some questions from the audience. They kept the camera pointed toward the audience, so I could see them as we talked. Maybe next time we might use Yugma (screen sharing), but I thought this worked pretty well, and it was free!

1 comment:

Andrew_Mikogo said...

Hi Helen,

I thought you might be interested to check out Mikogo for your next international Skype conversation.
Mikogo is a free desktop sharing tool designed for online meetings, Web presentations and group collaboration. No need to upload presentation prior to meeting. Just start a Mikogo meeting and let your participants view your screen and any application in real time. All features are included, such as switch presenter, file transfer, 256bit AES encryption, application selection, remote control, and more. Very easy to get started and to use - no configurations. There is also a Mikogo Skype Extra for free screen sharing with your Skype contacts. Meet and talk all at once for free.
Take a look at our website and let me know if you would like more info.

Regards,

Andrew
The Mikogo Team