Tuesday, May 25, 2004

A Faculty Workshop

I'm in New Jersey, doing a workshop with faculty on e-portfolios. As usual, my pre-set agenda was derailed by one faculty member's question, about assessment and e-portfolios. I inserted my short presentation on the differences between e-portfolios and online assessment management systems (based on my SITE presentation and my paradigms article). I think I helped a lot of the participants see those differences, and how they could manage a process that matches their philosophy of education. It was interesting to hear one person's comment about a well-known College's approach to e-portfolios (as assessment) and her reaction when she visited there.

Today we are going to tie in storytelling and e-portfolios, with a hands-on session on digital storytelling. I will be interested in their reactions.

No comments: