Saturday, May 22, 2004

First Posting

Welcome to my first entry into the world of blogging. I'm not sure I can get into the habit of posting to a web log on a regular basis, but I want to give it a try, since this looks like a technology that is being used in reflective portfolios.

My first concern is the commercialization of the portfolio as a product. I think it is ironic that my first view of my blog, when originally posted to the blogspot.com website, contained advertisements from several of the commercial tools. Thanks to Jeremy, I figured out how to post this blog to my own website, which removed the advertising.

I know blog postings are supposed to be short, so I will just enter a link to a paper that I am currently working on, that covers Electronic Portfolios as Digital Stories of Deep Learning. I have recently completed a short video clip covering some of those issues for my new CD-ROM. I welcome feedback on either of these documents.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Helen welcome to the world of blogging! It is great news that you have started up this weblog - I for one will follow it with interest and look forward to what you have to say. Cheers Dave.

Anonymous said...

To get rid of the ads, I believe you can either pay Blogger or find a server to host the files yourself.

- Seb Paquet

Jeremy said...

No problem, Helen. The blog is looking great -- much nicer without those blogspot ads.