Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Witnessing History

Here is how I witnessed History today. My laptop camera was pointed toward my TV, and I was sharing the moment (over the Web using Skype) with my daughter who was in her apartment in Budapest (she has no TV, just the Internet). She has already posted the picture to her Facebook page. I was in her apartment last November, witnessing the events in Grant Park over the Internet (at 5 AM!) and blogging the moment. It was fun to catch a glimpse of 10-year-old Malia Obama today carrying her digital camera (I also saw her using it on Sunday at the concert at the Lincoln Memorial), capturing her own unique memories of this historic time.

1 comment:

eportfolios said...

The NY Times reported that online video of the Inauguration set records for Internet traffic during Obama's speech. The story mentions the major video streaming sites that couldn't keep up with the traffic, which my daughter noticed... http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/21/us/politics/21video.html