Friday, October 01, 2004

LiveText

I was able to experiment with the Portfolio component of College LiveText. I wrote a more detailed reflection in my WordPress blog. In summary, it is a pricey commercial system that is paid by the students, $79 per student up front for three years, without a shorter option available. There is not a lot of creativity inherent in the system design. It is essentially a standards-based assessment system that is marketed directly to administrators, and is especially attractive because there is no cost for an institution to adopt. But I sometimes wonder about programs requiring students to pay the full cost of their assessment management system.

1 comment:

Chris Davis, PhD said...

I tried to look at LiveText, but they refused to even talk to me because we had provided input to Blackboard on the development of their Blackboard Outcomes.

It was a horrible experience.