Sunday, May 17, 2009

A message from Japan

I received the following message from a faculty member from a university in Japan:
I am writing to inform you we are using your diagram about ePortfolio with Japanese translation in my program.
http://electronicportfolios.org/balance/index.html

Our team, including me, are developing ePortfolio system. Now I am making a simple explanation about ePortfolio that will come with instruction of our portfolio system. I am planning to use your diagram in Japaneses, like the Spanish version that you have linked to. It's internal document and I will add your reference, but I would like to let you know that I created Japanese version of your diagram.

I have translated it in Japanese and almost okay but would like to be checked by others before open. If you would like to have this, I would like to send you the PPT or let you know the URI to access. The diagram helps us a lot to grasp what we have done and where we are.
Thank you very much.
I am posting a link to the translated copy on my website. Earlier this month, when I met with a team from the Center for Advanced Technology in Education at the University of Oregon, I received some very good feedback on the model/diagram in the article. It seems obvious that this conceptual model is helpful to educators implementing ePortfolios in different parts of the world.

No comments: