Monday, April 12, 2010

Changes to GoogleDocs


 
Announced today: This video says it well. Also, the TechCrunch post today: Google Docs Gets More Realtime; Adds Google Drawings To The Mix. You know, I saw the Drawing icon when I signed in to Google Docs this morning. Now I see what it means. It just keeps getting better and better! Thanks, Google! My next collaborative ePortfolio planning workshops are going to be a lot more fun! And the output will be a lot more visual!
Official GoogleDocs Blog Post

3 comments:

Nick Noakes said...

Just tried this out and it works ok but some lag and misses some key functionality that is in EtherPad/PrimaryPad .. which is a pity as EtherPad wont be available very soon.

eportfolios said...

There are alternatives to etherpad available right now:
ietherPad.com
piratepad.net
primarypad.com
typewith.me

Nick Noakes said...

Yes but are quite limited without paying e.g. PrimaryPad is a max of 5 people. I know it is not reasonable to always expect free for edu .. but it is great when it is.